The purpose of QAAC is to provide local leadership to the I/S industry on quality and productivity through achievement of the following objectives:
- Encourage the exchange of information, ideas, and techniques related to I/S quality assurance and productivity improvement.
- Promote professionalism among I/S quality assurance practitioners through education about I/S quality concepts and methods.
- Encourage commitment and involvement with quality assurance, especially among senior management.
- Assist in the administration of QAI’s: Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA), Certified Software Test Engineer (CSTE), and Certified Software Project Manager (CSPM) and other certifications as instituted.
- Provide an opportunity to earn recertification credits towards professional certifications through membership and attendance at educational programs.
- Advance the cause of I/S quality assurance in general.